Burr & Forman LLP is a century old, full-service law firm with a forward-thinking approach to providing legal solutions. We have nearly 250 attorneys and offices in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee. Burr & Forman offers a wide range of business and litigation services to diverse clients with local, national and international interests.
Burr & Forman is proud of the many significant achievements and accomplishments made by the lawyers in our firm. Here are some of the honors that we have received:
Burr & Forman at a glance
- Listed on the national “BTI Client Service A-Team 2012” list, a survey based on client rankings of law firms delivering superior client service
- Selected as a “Top Ranked Law Firm” by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 76 Lawyers listed in The Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers named Michael L. Hall Birmingham “Litigation – Bankruptcy Lawyer of the Year” and Denise D. Dell-Powell Orlando ”Litigation – Bankruptcy Lawyer of the Year” for 2012
- Best Lawyers named 3 partners Birmingham “Lawyers of the Year” for 2011: Howard E. Bogard Birmingham “Health Care Lawyer of the Year; Michael L. Hall, Birmingham “Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Lawyer of the Year”; Jack P. Stephenson, Jr., Birmingham “Securities Lawyer of the Year”
- 53 Lawyers named to Alabama, Mid-South, Florida and GeorgiaSuper Lawyers
- 21 Lawyers named to Alabama Rising Stars
- 5 Lawyers named to Georgia Rising Stars
- 1 Lawyer named to Mid-South Rising Stars
- Named by American Lawyer Media to the 2010 “AmLaw 200” list as one of the nation’s top 200 law firms
- Named by The National Law Journal to the “NLJ 250” list of the nation’s top law firms
- Named by Southern Business & Development magazine as one of the “Top 10 Law Firms that Understand Economic Development”
- Selected as a 2011 “Go-To Law Firm” for Litigation by American Lawyer Media
- Selected as a “Go-To Law Firm” for Financial Services Companies by American Lawyer Media
- Selected as a “Go-To Law Firm” for Technology Companies byAmerican Lawyer Media
- Selected in Fortune Magazine’s “Go-To Law Firms of the World’s Leading Companies”
- Ranked in the Fifth Edition of The Benchmark Litigation Guide
- Received top ranking by Chambers USA in Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/Commercial, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial and Real Estate in Alabama
- Received top ranking by Chambers USA in Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring and Labor & Employment in Georgia
- Received top ranking by Chambers USA in Litigation: General Commercial and Construction in Mississippi
- Received top ranking by Chambers USA in Bankruptcy in Tennessee
- Named among “Best Places to Work” by the Birmingham Business Journal , including being ranked #1 in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Named among “Best Places to Work” by the Altanta Business Chronicle.
- Recognized as the “#1 Healthiest Employer” by theBirmingham Business Journal, Nashville Business Journal and the Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Cox Media Group’s “Outstanding Female Attorney, ” April Mason, 2012
Burr & Forman is distinguished by its exceptional client relationships.
Commit. As a firm, we commit our time, our talent, and our resources to delivering results for our clients. We work hard to understand what our clients need; we devote ourselves to ensuring that our clients have what they need to reach their own ambitious goals.
Inform. At Burr, we understand more than the law. We work to understand our clients’ businesses; to understand the economic, political, financial, and technological developments that affect their goals. We inform ourselves so that we can more effectively serve our clients. It’s a never-ending process, but as a result, we are more than a law firm; we are valued advisors.
Involve. At Burr, we are participants. We give of our talents, not just to serve our clients, but to better the communities in which we live. Our professional, civic, and charitable actions also add to our breadth of knowledge and understanding.
Collaborate. It is in our nature to work together. We collaborate with clients, offering our experience and our effort to ensure that they succeed. We also collaborate within the firm, working across practice and industry groups to give our clients access to more diverse skills. It’s a practice that is both more effective for our clients and healthier for our firm.
At Burr & Forman, we dedicate our collaborative energy to making significant contributions to our client and community relationships.